Video Assistant, Amateur Scouting (Remote)
The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
• purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
• deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
• passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
• meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
Be an integral member of the video collection process for all avenues of player acquisition while focusing on the development of one's individual scouting lens and relentlessly pursuing personal and professional growth opportunities through exposure to various departments in Baseball Operations.
• Caature, tag, and clip player video for input into our internal player database.
• Create target player lists with input from various members of Baseball Operations staff.
• Manage travel schedule to optimize video collection opportunities within the responsible area(s).
• Develop subjective scouting lens through in-person scouting opportunities, video scouting, and connection opportunities with members of various scouting departments.
• Write scouting reports for an assigned set of amateur, international, and/or professional players.
• Chart individual player performance at amateur events.
• Assist in various assessment practices as designated by the Amateur Scouting Department.
• Work closely with Scouting Video Coordinator to execute daily technical responsibilities.
• Collaboration opportunities with Baseball Operations Departments such as Amateur Scouting, International Scouting, Professional Scouting, Video, Informatics, Minor League Operations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwe03j-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.