Freelance Production Assistant, NFL - NBC Sports
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 - 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting production personnel in all phases of sports production for NBC's Sunday Night Football and Amazon's Thursday Night Football.
• Organize weekly edit projects for producers and editors
• Gather video and photo assets to use in packages and other elements
• Reach out to PR teams, NFL agents, and third parties for asset collection
• Pitch game ideas in weekly meetings with the assigned production team
• Help create select sequences for producers to use when editing teases – assisting with shot selection and securing footage
• Restore and manage offline media and retrieve archived assets from MAM
• Archive and catalogue footage
• Create screeners to send out to the production team and other parties
• Create and log melts for both SNF and TNF games and distribute to various networks
• Clip off production elements that aired during games each week
• Assist with the production of Sunday Night Football's Carrie Underwood Open each week.
• Key liaison to the lead producers of SNF and TNF.
• Responsible for relaying and disseminating information on a weekly basis to the production staffs of SNF and TNF
• Ability to dissect the intricacies of football using graphics and telestration
• Run the edit for sports Emmy submissions throughout the year – clipping off Emmy segments from games to create 'selects' cutdowns
• Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience
• 1-2 years minimum of professional production experience
• Possess a high level of NFL knowledge
• Possess a high level of initiative
• Must be a team player
• Have exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
• Strong knowledge and interest in sports television production
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bx1m-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.