Dominican Republic Technology Assistant
International Scouting Assistant - Mexico, Colombia and Panama (Independent Contractor)
The Houston Astros is currently seeking an International Scouting Assistant for the countries of Colombia, Mexico and Panama. The responsibilities include collecting and uploading data and video of international players in the assigned region. The International Scouting Assistant will be an independent contractor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collect, organize, and upload player data and video to aid in evaluation process, primarily in the assigned region but occasionally outside of it.
• Capture, edit, and upload video.
• Independently collect and organize prospect information.
• Interact regularly with trainers, coaches, and others throughout the baseball community in the assigned region.
• Communicate with the Area Scout in the assigned region and/or Scouting Supervisors and Houston-based staff to provide insight on how to improve collection processes and efficiency.
• Collaborate in executing player tryouts.
• Evaluate players and communicate interest level through oral and written channels.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• 2+ years' work experience sought from a variety of backgrounds, including scouting, coaching/development, video & technology, engineering, coding, or a related field.
• Strong baseball knowledge is required, with playing experience a plus.
• Knowledge of local market and trainers, in particular in the assigned region, is strongly preferred.
• General proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel is required, with advanced skills a plus.
• Experience operating/evaluating technology is strongly preferred.
• Coding ability in SQL and R is a plus.
• Ability to drive a vehicle.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzyy21-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.