Executive Assistant, Football Operations and League Office Manager – United States Football League (USFL)
The United States Football League (USFL) is searching for an Executive Assistant, Football Operations, and League Office Manager to support the League's President of Football Operations, other League executives, and provide day to day oversight of the league office in Birmingham, AL. You will serve as a liaison between head coaches, team directors, and the League office providing administrative support including calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports, and other League activities.
The new USFL is an American football league, owned by FOX Sports, that will deliver high-quality, innovative professional football played in the spring and early summer. There will be eight teams in the new USFL, split into two divisions. Each team will play a 10-game schedule followed by 4-team semifinals and a championship game. In the inaugural season of the USFL, all eight teams will play in one location – Birmingham, AL. In the future, the USFL expects teams to play in their own markets. The 2022 USFL regular season will begin in mid-April and run through mid-June, followed by the playoffs. FOX Sports is an official broadcast partner of the USFL and will air games on a weekly basis.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as a liaison between head coaches, team directors, and the League office
• Assist in the timely management of all communications as well as assist with coordinating staff meetings and community relations events as needed
• Provide administrative support including answering phones, scheduling travel, and coordinating meetings, and calendar management
• Handle large volume and extensive interactions with co-workers and high-level management
• Assist with confidential company information, documents, and matters requiring executive approval in a secure and professional manner
• Manage multi-time zone conference calls; set up conference rooms as needed and interface with vendors and consultants
• Book travel, prepare and submit expense reports, prepare presentation materials, and process department projects
• Interface between multiple departments; source incoming inquiries and prioritize for immediate resolution with Executive and department staff
• Email support, mail, filing, and composing routine correspondence
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Prior office or internship experience
• A positive, collaborative, and service-oriented attitude
• Demonstrated experience interacting and corresponding diplomatically and appropriately with all staff levels, including senior executives
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to problem solve and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with shifting priorities on the go
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Superior attention to detail with outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to deal with tight deadlines and rush situations in a composed professional way
• Highly dependable, able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Willingness and flexibility to work evenings and weekends
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree – preferably in Sports Management, Communications, or Marketing
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3y7w9-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.