New York, NY
LOOKING FOR AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION IN PR?
For more than two decades, DKC has been at the forefront of communications agencies, attracting the best and the brightest talent from around the country. Currently, we are searching for enthusiastic Account Coordinators who are ready to embark on a career in PR to join our teams: MediaTech, Lifestyle, Public Affairs, Corporate/ Health, and Sports.
Allow us to introduce ourselves:
DKC is one of the country's most innovative independent communications agencies. Our world-class divisions are home to industry heavyweights and some of the hottest startups. Some clients include Spotify, DoorDash, MAC, Hello Bello, Airbnb, PBS, BMW, Delta Airlines, Formula1, and more.
DKC is one of the country's most innovative independent communications agencies. With a vibrant and fast-paced atmosphere, DKC prides itself on offering a culture of fun, diversity and inclusivity, and growth. From our national committees focused on health & wellness, diversity and fun, to a hands-on approach to training and career growth, DKC offers a wide range of options for career-minded staff. Plus, we offer 401K, unlimited vacation and sick day policy, the latest technology for all digital natives, and a welcoming environment that is all about perfecting the craft of communications.
The team is energetic, hardworking, and collaborative. We value self-starters with a curious mind and a good sense of humor, who hold client service in the highest regard.
Now about the position
We're looking for someone with energy and enthusiasm along with strong relationship-building skills and an ability to work effectively across departments in the agency. Also, must have an ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and actively communicate progress and deliverables to account teams. The position is ideal for the recent college graduate who is looking for a career in PR and seeking to join a team that consistently delivers exceptional results through high-quality work.
Now, a little about you:
• BA or defined education in marketing, PR, communications, journalism, or a related concentration
• Ideally 1 year of public relations intern experience
• Strong written and verbal communication
• You love media relations, a lot
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Strict attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Responsive and proactive on timely and priority campaigns and/or tasks
• Proficient in Google Drive applications, i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides
• Proficient in online social applications i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube
• You have a 'make it happen' attitude – someone who is scrappy, creative, asks questions, provides status updates, and speaks to performance around key results
• You live and breathe 'accountability' – say what you'll do and do what you say
This is a full time position
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkzpjq-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.
We are defined by a heritage of exceeding expectations, through unrivaled access and unrelenting creativity. Client success is our only benchmark, and we expect to be judged on what we achieve, not just what we promise.