Project Manager, Localization
As a Subtitling Project Manager, your primary focus will be to plan and execute a variety of subtitling projects. In this role, you will be collaborating with a number of stakeholders, from Client Services, Linguistic Quality, to other global production leads in an effort to ensure project milestones remain on track.
About the Team (Localization)
Localization is the process of translating and adapting content to specific geographical regions for consumption in local markets. Though many services make up the elements of the localization process including dubbing and subtitling, the goal of localization is to be authentic to the content being created, protecting the creative vision, specifically for a target market, no matter their language, culture, or location.
Deluxe is one of the world's leading localization providers to the entertainment industry. We provide clients and therefore end users with a worldwide service offering in over 50 languages for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast TV and streaming services.
You will be collaborating with our distributed workforce to complete translation, review or territory approvals tasks. You will assist management in monitoring and managing the quality and on-time delivery performance data and flag any issues that require management escalation. Through your passion for collaboration, you will build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners and cross-functional global stakeholders. You will work cross functionally with Client Services, Global Project Coordination teams, Global Translator Management and Community Engagement teams, Editorial, Linguistic Quality, Product, and Technical Operations. The position reports to a Senior Manager, Subtitling Operations.
A Day in the Life of this position include the following:
• Manage subtitling projects for titles assigned to you and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within budget and strictly respecting the deadlines and the specifications set by the clients.
• Oversee all aspects of project management from receiving work requests, to setting up project in the system, booking translators for various tasks, negotiating internal deadlines with various production teams, and signing off on a project once all production steps are completed.
• Ensure correct work requests and payment rates are applied for each project.
• Coordinate redeliveries and rejections, escalating issues as needed.
• Interpret incoming details of project specifications to ensure projects are set up and executed accurately.
• Liaise with Client Services team, translators and territory affiliates regarding project status and requirements, obtaining and circulating all necessary information.
• Answer questions from Client Services team, Freelancers, Client Translators and Approvers, in-territory vendors and the territory client contacts in a timely and professional manner.
• Communicate with all stakeholders in a professional and friendly manner.
• Escalate if any order is in jeopardy of not being fulfilled on time.
• Additional duties as required.
What You Bring
• BA/MA Degree in Communication, Production or Post Production Studies or applicable equivalent experience preferred
• Exceptional communication skills across all levels (verbal, written)
• Experience and expert knowledge of various localization workflows with emphasis on subtitling for all media & entertainment distribution channels
• Experience in managing complex, large scale and high-level projects and tasks
• The ability to clearly communicate project requirements and goals
• Experience in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-starter, independent learner
• Demonstrable technical skills, practical knowledge of MS Office suite and subtitling software
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
• Demonstrable ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines
• Flexibility to attend in-person on-site meetings as required
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwv3jj-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.