Who we are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading full-service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
CAA Brand Consulting is the entertainment & sports marketing agency within CAA. Our mission is to drive cultural brand relevance for our clients by tapping into CAA's connectivity to pop culture. Leveraging our deep relationships and influence with studios, networks, labels, leagues, teams, venues, events, talent, media, and content platforms, we provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients around their entertainment & sports strategies.
The CAA Brand Consulting Associate Strategy Director will play a key role in the launch of our newly created Strategy function comprised of executives focused on both sports and entertainment strategy (inclusive of brand, comms, and content), and cultural and consumer insights. This executive will help develop and execute actionable strategies for a variety of our brand clients across the portfolio, both retainer and project based. In addition, this executive will support new business pitches and RFP's as well as assist in the development and rollout of a comprehensive thought leadership POV for the department at large. In this role, the candidate will interface day to day with our Account Team and Functional Heads (Creative, Analytics, Business Development, Experiential, etc.), Inter-Agency Department Leads, as well as directly with Clients.
• Develop and deliver overarching strategic vision for client assignments, defining and prioritizing initiatives that directly support marketing/business goals and brand KPIs
• Work closely with our insights and data teams to build and apply insight and data driven personas, segmentation models, customer journeys and measurement frameworks
• Inform campaign communication plans and channel roles by identifying a customer journey, existing barriers, and existing motivators to inform the role of media, role of creative and ideal touchpoints needs to drive a desired outcome
• Act as a bridge between internal teams - account, strategy and creative with campaign ideation, helping to balance efficiencies and effectiveness
• Work with account teams on client briefings with best practices, campaign deliverables, go to market strategies
• Brief and collaborate with internal and external partners (i.e., client's IMC teams)
• Conduct messaging and competitive audits, identifying gaps and white space
• Provide ongoing recommendations on how to adjust media and creative for performance shifts, market shifts, and budget changes
• Proactively pitch innovative ideas, new partners, new channels, and test and learn opportunities
• Cultivate relationships across CAA to find and promote new opportunities for clients
• Assist in the development of an overarching thought-leadership POV and communications strategy for the department
• 8+ years of experience in brand, integrated or communications planning
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Expertise in interpreting consumer research and data (quantitative & qualitative) and applying to solutions-based client strategies
• Strong analytical skills, ability to think critically and work collaboratively on fast moving projects
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while being extremely detail-oriented
• Ability to influence, persuade and lead broader teams
• Excellent understanding of the composition and application of creative briefs
• Experience communicating and providing consultation and advice to clients, including running brainstorms & strategy workshops.
• Ability to travel and attend work events outside normal business hours on an as needed basis
• Global experience or experience working on multi-market accounts
• Knowledge, passion and curiosity on all things culture, sports, and entertainment
• Ability to confidently present plans, thought leadership and ideas to a senior leadership audiences (internal and external)
• Experience working on new business pitches, to support when opportunities arise
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32qy9-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.