Summer Intern - Software Engineering
Data Engineering Intern
Data Engineering Intern
Join our data engineering effort to help build and optimize our data pipeline for near real-time use case.
This position is ideal for individuals who is interested in data engineering and have the drive and desire to 'make things happen'. It requires a highly motivated individual with attention to details and a hunger to learn and solve problems. This position will be a hybrid position. We are headquartered in Burbank, CA.
Outcomes and Accomplishments
• Build a working near real-time data pipeline. Own processes and infrastructure required for optimal near-time extraction, loading of data from a wide variety of data sources to a cloud data warehouse and transformation of the data into a consumable form.
• Requires a hands-on person who's able to explore, learn and try different solutions, quickly pivot to the next one if previous wasn't working. Ongoing guidance and direction will be provided.
• Opportunity to learn about real world challenges with near real-time data pipelines in microservice-based platforms
• Opportunity to gain hands-on experience building and improving data pipeline using cloud based ETL/ELT tools in AWS cloud
What You Bring
• Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL)
• Familiarity with a variety of database technologies (SQL, NoSQL), experience working with JSON
• Understanding ETL/ELT processes and some familiarity with existing industry tools
• Some familiarity with AWS cloud
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well in teams
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Gain hands-on experience
• Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
• Opportunity to attend networking events and company meetings
• Flexible schedule for students
• Compensation available
Our Promise to You
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r07o8e-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.
About the Company
As the world's leading multidisciplinary service provider, Deluxe underpins the media and entertainment industry, servicing content creators and distributors including Netflix, WarnerMedia, The Walt Disney Company, Amazon, Apple, Viacom, NBCU, Google, AT&T and many others, by providing Global Content Distribution, Localization, Accessibility and Mastering while leading end-to-end innovation with unparalleled scale and agility across the Streaming, Theatrical, Broadcast and Mobile landscapes.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,200 of the most talented and experienced industry individuals worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.