Executive News Producer - WWSB
EXECUTIVE NEWS PRODUCER (PM) - WWSB
Live, work, and play in a very unique media market that so many vacationers call a top destination. WWSB-TV is the ABC Television station serving Sarasota & Manatee Counties on the Suncoast of Southwest Florida. Beautiful, postcard-worthy views are bountiful, and so are the opportunities to enjoy the Florida lifestyle. Yes, the beaches are minutes away. So are some of the top attractions in Tampa Bay, Orlando, and South Florida. You're a quick ride from some of the most popular theme parks and cruise ports. While visitors come and go, our station and our newsroom are committed to serving the thousands upon thousands of people who call the Suncoast home. You'll find a special emphasis on covering news with a hyperlocal focus while embracing the best practices found in some of the region's top markets.
Grow as a news manager in one of the most beautiful markets in the Southeast. ABC7 in Sarasota is searching for our next Nightside Executive Producer. This newsroom leader thrives on urgency, commits to our digital first philosophy, and shares our newsroom vision of aggressive showcasing and studio storytelling.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Evaluate and elevate rundowns for maximum showcase opportunities using the producer toolbox
• Develop and maintain plans for daily and future content generation
• Work with newscast and web producers to enhance storytelling techniques
• Train new producers and associate producers
• Ensure accuracy and urgency by leveraging ticker, lower thirds & full screens
• Maintain produce schedules and produce newscasts as necessary
• Oversee & Produce newscast replacement specials as needed
• Recruit producers and MMJs
• Collaborate with other managers to evolve SOPs, plan, and create accountability for newsroom targets
• Review news scripts for accuracy, legal issues, and proper grammar/spelling
• Attend station-sponsored events
• Two or Three years' experience line producing in a commercial television newsroom
• Reel should demonstrate a consistent understanding of showcase producing
• Collaborative, Empathetic, training-centered approach necessary
• Knowledge of ENPG, Edius, VizRT & Ross Overdrive
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9478-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.