WLWT-TV, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, is searching for a Sports Anchor/Reporter/Producer. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of breaking the big sports stories, enterprising compelling human-interest reports, and finding unique angles that will captivate our viewers. Cincinnati is a big-league city with a lot of breaking sports news! Our next Sports Anchor/Reporter/Producer will turn sports stories for the newscasts during the week as well as anchor various sportscasts. Must be able to enterprise exclusives, tell compelling stories, and execute energetic live shots.
On-site attendance is required.
• Delivers scripted and ad-libbed material with professionalism, personality, and purpose
• Regularly plans, gathers, and assembles stories and sportscasts on sports and special project assignments
• Strategize with news managers and the sports department each day to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Shoot, write and edit stories on a regular basis when needed.
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow us to break stories of significance.
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• Help the department plan, anticipate unique coverage of major events, and assume a lead role on sports specials.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Ability to operate a news camera and editing equipment.
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends
• Passion for sports required
• Previous television sports experience preferred
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst Television owns and operates 33 television and two radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million US television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more. The radio stations are leaders in Baltimore news/talk and rock music listenership. Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service. Hearst Television is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hearst.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkp6jk-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.