CBS MORNINGS is seeking a smart, creative, and enterprising Associate Producer to join the team! The ideal candidate will have a firm command of journalistic standards, a keen attention to detail, and excellent newsgathering and storytelling skills. They must have strong news writing skills and a keen eye in the edit room. They must also be calm and efficient during breaking news and a collaborative member of a newsroom.
This person will work on an overnight schedule producing day-of-air tape packages on a broad range of topics for the broadcast, including breaking news, investigations, high-profile interviews, consumer and cultural reports. They will be responsible for researching, clearing third-party material, scripting, working with reporters and in edit rooms.
• 3+ years of television news work experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Knowledge of current news and emerging trends
• Strong editorial judgement
• Clear and concise script writing
• Mastery of visual graphics and elements
• Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Experience working with editors in assembling packages
• Excellent research skills, tracking down data and visual material
• Willing to travel and have experience in the field
• Must be able to work a Sunday through Thursday schedule
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9bb6-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.