If you LOVE tennis and have a passion for data and telling its story, then Tennis Channel's Linear & Cross Platform Research position may be perfect for you! Tennis Channel is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual with an appetite for tennis and or/video content to work in our Santa Monica headquarters. This highly visible Director position provides quantitative and qualitative research to all Tennis Channel departments: Programming, Production, Digital, Social, Tennis Industry Relations, Affiliate Relations, Ad Sales, Marketing, International and Corporate and includes research oversight of Tennis Channel, Tennis Channel International, Tennis.com, TennisChannel.com, Tennis Channel Plus OTT, TC app and Tennis Magazine.
This is a hybrid role based in our Santa Monica office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leverages ratings, analytics, research and viewership data to create impactful analyses
• Utilizes syndicated and proprietary data to effectively analyze all aspects of Tennis Channel's non-linear viewing, including hours, sessions and unique viewers for Tennis Channel International
• Analyzes and manipulates data to create tennis tournament presentations full of insights and well-crafted recommendations to help inform strategic decision-making for all TC departments, as well as external clients
• Provides insights on overall sports media trends, sports rights costs and their impact on our sports network
• Responds to ad hoc and short turn around requests for data and metrics from across the organization and proactively disseminate insights
• Utilizes syndicated research tools to develop viewer profiles so key stakeholders have a deeper understanding of TC viewers
• Reports and manages primary qualitative research
• Manages and develops junior team in performing interpretive analyses to transform data into invaluable insights
• Expert level proficiency with Nielsen data systems, including NPower is required
• High level proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required
• Bachelor's Degree in television, communications or statistics
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in media research; sports media, cable and/or broadcast network research and/or digital measurement is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure without sacrificing accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on a variety of different projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership skills and a strong track record of working across all levels of an organization
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0zjxm-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.