Sinclair Las Vegas is seeking a detail-oriented Research Director to interpret our local broadcast television stations' ratings and drive the research efforts to support Marketing Consultants and Sales Managers in selling the stations. We are looking for someone who will thrive in being the captain of research efforts in support of positioning our multi-media marketing solutions in the community and with customers. We need someone who will enjoy being a part of creating sales materials that will be used by local and national Marketing Consultants, Sales Assistants and Station Management. In this role, you will also be responsible for working with news and promotions teams.
• Manage multiple resources and projects concurrently to ensure successful completion of station research, insights and analytics projects
• Maintain an overall knowledge of current clients and top prospects to assist in developing account strategies
• Evaluate research tools and emerging technology and coordinate vendor relations
• Be accountable for the overall management of research and insights projects, including timeliness, quality, relevance and client value
• Evangelize the value of analytics services internally and directly with clients
• Ensure strong operational processes are in place to deliver across all areas of responsibility
• Create executive-level presentations that include actionable insights and strategic recommendations
• Assist with preparation of presentations for sales staff and senior leadership
• Perform other duties as assigned
Required skills and competencies:
• High level of proficiency with Nielsen Media Research on local television sample
• Expert level proficiency in all MS Office products, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Expert level proficiency with media related software including OSi, FreeWheel, Wide Orbit, Nielsen, comScore, KANTAR Media, Google Analytics or other comparable software
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other creative suites a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be comfortable training staff on new software, measurement techniques, ratings or research developments
• Must be diligent, pay strict attention to detail and be a self-starter
• Must be able to work unsupervised and still maintain a very high level of accountability
• Highly organized with an ability to work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
• Must be a proficient writer and presenter with ability to attend and make sales calls with local Marketing Consultants.
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, English or Statistics or equivalent experience
• 3-5 Years of experience working inside a small to mid-size meter-diary or local people meter market
• 3-5 years of research experience working inside a local television station sales department
• Expert level background and knowledge base in television marketing including competitive media, ratings calculations, estimate preparation and qualitative measurement
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r07361-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.