Operations Production Manager
This position is responsible for working directly with the Executive Producer on coordination, execution, and evaluation of both networks' studio and event productions, with a heavy emphasis on day-to-day production management of the Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder and New Orleans Pelicans game productions, and their associated shoulder programming efforts airing on both networks.
40%- Provides day-to-day management of the Dallas Mavericks, San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder and New Orleans Pelicans game productions. Ensures a high level of production consistency and more consistent evaluation of producers, directors, talent, and the overall production and technical quality of game telecasts.
30%- Provides day-to-day management of all Dallas-based studio productions and operations. Ensures a high level of production consistency and works closely with producers and directors on content and utilization of studio space.
15%- Provides additional operational management support and follow-through for the networks' Director of Operations. Ensures consistent reporting and follow-through of issues involving truck vendors, arena issues, visitor feeds, and freelance crews.
10%- Provide consistent feedback and training for talent, producers and directors.
5%- Provides management of various other studio and event productions, as assigned by the Executive Producer, including studio programming, ENG field productions, and ancillary event productions.
• This position requires a Bachelor's degree. A minimum of 10 years experience in sports television production is necessary, including previous production management experience
• A minimum of 5 years experience as a Producer and/or Director of live remote sports events is preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, including a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
• Good organization and project management skills are required
• An in-depth knowledge of the action sports industry and key industry contacts are necessary
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required
• A working knowledge of production remote truck operations and technologies and experience with non-linear editing systems is required
• Previous supervisory experience is necessary
• The ability to travel to remote production locations is necessary
• The ability to multitask and work effectively with changing priorities and deadlines is essential
This role primarily works in a quiet professional office environment.
Often required to travel to remote events on weeknights and weekends.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyy5k3-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.