Sesame Workshop is seeking a Junior Site Reliability Engineer. Sesame Workshop is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. This role is within the Digital Media Engineering (DME) group which is part of the Technology and Engineering department and will help provide support for our diverse media experiences across the world. This is a full time (35 hr/week) remote role.
The right candidate should be detail oriented and help to improve the reliability, security, and cost effectiveness of our cloud environments.
• Build, implement and maintain development tools (such as source code repositories, automated build systems, and deployment) and infrastructure
• Improve reliability and quality of software solutions
• Provide operation support for web based and data infrastructure software applications
• Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to define requirements, standards, and technical roadmaps
• Work with external vendors to plan and implement infrastructure and application solutions
• Help implement effective security and reliability monitoring
• Help refine documentation for each product's lifecycle to assist in support, development, and deployment
• Experience with Linux system administration tasks such as:
• Configuring web services (NGINX/Apache/Tomcat)
• Package management
• Demonstrated scripting in a language such as Python/Bash/Perl and/or automation tool experience (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform etc.)
• Experience using AWS cloud services (EC2,RDS,Cloudfront etc.)
• Experience using Git source control system and ability to assist others in troubleshooting issues
• Experience building/deploying applications from source control and knowledge of CI/CD concepts
• Understanding of Agile software development and management tools such as Jira
• Understanding of container platforms such as Docker or Kubernetes
• Understanding of modern web technologies such as:
• REST based or similar API communication
• Experience managing relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres.
• Knowledge of CMS systems such as Drupal, Wordpress or similar a plus
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot errors in builds and assist in troubleshooting applications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years of strong experience as System Administrator, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong collaboration and client service skills at all functional levels
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r723w6-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.