Global Partnerships Activation Coordinator
San Antonio Spurs
San Antonio, TX
Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E) is looking for strong leader with strategic planning skills and demonstrated success in organizational strategy. We look for collaborative members to join our team who possess strong executive communication skills, consensus building capabilities, and team development focus. A candidate with demonstrated ability to thrive independently in a collaborative environment will thrive!
As Director of Business Strategy & Innovation, you will assist SS&E in developing and executing strategies that drive growth and operational improvements across the organization. Position duties will include liaising with business unit leaders to formulate strategic priorities and execution plans, developing innovation processes, conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth, and driving key business/sporting projects forward!
This position partners with leadership to establish operational cadence for organizational innovation, communicating critical initiatives' progress, and assist in the preparation of content for key decision makers and partners.
Every employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E's Core Values, Mission and Vision, collaborate with internal and external fans and demonstrate ongoing growth and development.
• Lead all aspects of creation of cross-functional development and the implementation of organization-wide business initiatives.
• Drive highly visible projects and work cross-functionally while analyzing opportunities, and structuring work towards meaningful recommendations and/or solutions to achieve organizational results.
• Champion the 'objectives and key result' (OKR) processes. Support cross-functional areas by assisting in the establishment of definitions, measurements and tracking for key strategic and operational initiatives from the point of adoption to completion. Support departmental leaders to align strategic objectives across the organization.
• Conceptualize, collaborate on, , and build business market research and analysis. Use cross-functional partners to communicate and drive corporate processes impacting organizational success.
• Communicate, champion, and support 'design-thinking' concepts and processes alongside our leaders, partners, and participants to implement positive employee and fan experiences.
• Actively communicate and participate in design-thinking; collaborate and conceptualize around corporate processes that drive strategy.
• Develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and operating plans to capture the opportunity including product, business modeling and go-to-market strategies.
• Diagnose and uncover areas within the business that drive performance improvements. Unlock growth opportunities and provide clarity towards execution.
• Identify, evaluate, and operate collaboratively with external vendors to provide independent and outside perspectives and insights into best practices that drive internal growth.
• MBA/business graduate level degree or related experience.
• 3 + years proven experience in a combination of business strategy and/or business operations in a sophisticated organization.
• 3+ years' experience in problem solving, business strategy and process building preferred.
• Proven leadership driving large organizational initiatives or building market business analysis and/or building business operational plans.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and ability to handle critical and confidential situations and information.
• Strong people development and influencing skills; ability to build and drive extended and virtual cross-functional teams.
• Management consulting and strategic development experience is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other digital literacy required.
• Experience working with senior executives preferred.
• The ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Can Stand/Sit/Walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to travel and spend time in office 50% of time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94vv7-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.