Senior Software Engineer (REMOTE)
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount+, including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount+. CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is within Paramounts portfolio of multi-platform brands, which includes best-in-class Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
Do you have a passion for Sports? Love to code? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports Digital may be looking for you! CBSSports.com is looking for an expert Senior Software Engineer for our CBSSports.com engineering team. To thrive in this position you will have a driven spirit, technical architecture skills, and excellent leadership skills. As a member of the team you will share the responsibility for the overall code architecture, maintainability, scalability and performance of all front end applications that support the cbssport.com site. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning approach and mad coding skills.
• Guide the cbssport.com development team in architecting new and maintaining existing applications in support of cbssport.com.
• Be an advocate for engineering standard methodologies, code quality and performance within the development team and help management to maintain those fundamentals within the project/team.
• Ensure developers are adhering to standard methodologies and using appropriate design patterns for their projects.
• Provide engineering support and mentorship when needed to PMs, POs and the engineering management to help in planning and building a successful and achievable project roadmap.
Key Projects: (Maximum 5-6 bullets)
• Build the next generation of CBSSports.com web application on Nextjs/React.
• Enhance existing applications for CBSSports.com powering Live Scoring components.
• Build a set of tools and APIs to support various CBSSports.com production needs
• Refactor various parts of the site to be more efficient and build shareable components
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Minimum 6 years of engineering experience with a strong understanding of Object Oriented Principles, Functional Programming and Component architecture.
• Proven experience using and writing content-driven REST APIs and GraphQL services.
• Strong experience with enterprise level software engineering processes for the full software development cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Deep understanding of front end JS technologies and frameworks including Reactjs, Nextjs, GraphQL, and node/express.
• Possess strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking with product development staff plus the ability to work in a unified, innovative, limber and team-oriented environment.
• Prior knowledge of php/symfony application development.
You might also have –
• A love for sports, fantasy sports and/or sports gaming
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbk8p-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.