Reports to: Senior Manager, In-Game Entertainment
Job Classification: Non-exempt
The Oakland Athletics is currently seeking a full-time hourly Special Events Coordinator. The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordinating, and execution of events for the Oakland A's.
• Plan and execute Club events
• Ability to execute the organization's vision while providing insight and direction
• Collaborate with multiple departments and work in cross-functional teams to successfully plan and execute events both inside the ballpark and outside to support the organization
• Oversee and coordinate all aspects of event planning, event management, and event execution including site visits, setup, strike, load-in, load-out, creating event layout, signage and on-site branding needs, on-site staffing plans, and etc.
• Work with and maintain good relationships with local businesses, organizations, clients, partners, sponsors, and/or vendors
• Perform other related or ad-hoc duties as assigned
• Minimum of 2-3 years of event planning experience in sports, B2B, and/or brand activations
• Knowledge of baseball, sports culture, events and/or marketing preferred
• Must be organized, detail oriented, possess strong communication skills, and have excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong project management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects at once
• Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Available to work flexible full-time hours, which may include weekends, holidays, evenings, and after business hours
COVID 19 Consideration:
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g345o5-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.