UX/UI Designer (Hybrid)
Paramount is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Noggin from Nick Jr. is a leading learning service for families with preschoolers. We deliver streaming and interactive learning content that helps young kids develop skills, knowledge and passions, through play with the characters they love. We also help parents help their kids thrive. Noggin is a direct-to-consumer offering available on standalone mobile apps, connected TV apps, and add-on channels. We are forming a team of highly motivated individuals who are eager to work in a start-up-like environment within a large media company. We need innovators and self-starters who are passionate about playful learning and comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative-led organization.
Role & Responsibilities
• Define, and communicate short and long-term design strategies
• Partner with engineering and product management on design strategy
• Understand technology constraints and propose realistic, attainable solutions
• Demonstrate tremendous visual and UX architectural design skills
• Multitask and independently manage your own priorities to work fast and deliver
• Exhibit exceptional communication & presentation skills
• Partner with content and marketing teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression across products
• Balance product, business, and user-centered goals to design products our users love
• Advocate for preschoolers and families when collaborating with cross-business stakeholders
• Communicate research-backed insights concepts, and designs to a variety of audiences
• Set best practices and standards related to UX/UI across products and features
• 2+ years' experience in consumer focused tech or media companies, content heavy platforms preferred
• Expert skills in design and prototyping tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma)
• Ability to create detailed wireframes and design specs of intricate user flows
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment
• A track record of great collaboration with content, product, and marketing teams
• A portfolio demonstrating measurably effective designs and problem solving
• Experience working closely with engineers to deliver browser-based software products
• Experience using, building, and maintaining intuitive and scalable design systems and design pattern libraries
• Experience working on consumer or enterprise products over multiple release cycles
• Experience with data visualization and creating user dashboards a plus
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp05k0-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.