2 NEWS is looking for the right candidate to join 2 NEWS as a Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter.
• Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Displays vast kowledge of teams, players and storylines, especially those relevant to the Miami Valley at the professional and colligate levels.
• Responds to breaking sports news and events and other situations as required.
• Travels as needed for sports coverage,
• Enterprises, develops and produces stories under strict deadline pressure.
• Coordinates with the digital team to make sure WDTN.com and social media are properly updated.
• Two years experience anchoring or reporting sports for television.
• General knowledge of all Ohio teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
• Must include a link to online reel with your resume.
• Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
The Weekend Sports Anchor/MMJ must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions withour supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity with others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Weekend Sports Anchor/MMJ must be able to lift, set up operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control of feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbpkpk-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.