The Collections Specialist will support markets managing collection portfolios and various aspects of collections including customer sensitive collection calls, delinquency letters, 3rd party agency placement, and credit review for new account set ups. Assists with other collection projects as required.
• Monitor email and respond to inquiries for new advertiser set-ups and modifications. Perform all related duties to complete the process
• Serve as liaison to 3rd party collection agency and respond to inquiries and provide documentation to assist in the account reconciliation and resolution
• Ensuring that all proper station approvals have been obtained for accounts recommended as bad debt
• Point of contact for monthly collection meetings with the stations
• Participate in collection meetings/conference calls for assigned markets
• Responsible for assisting the stations by pointing out accounts that are becoming past due
• Coordinates submission of past due accounts to collection agencies when the station has decided to send customer to collections
• Assists station sales staff and customers when questions arise. Position is required to work closely with and provide quality customer service to customers and Sales
• Processes credit applications for new advertisers working with station Sales Account Executives.
Obtains Business Manager approval prior to sending to Administrator for set up in billing system
• Performs other management requests and related duties as required
• Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written)
• Associates degree in Accounting or Management, preferred
• Minimum 5 years' experience in customer service or collections
• Strong Excel skills preferred
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
• Self- motivated with strong interpersonal skills
• Team player with exceptional oral/written communications skills
• Proactive, high attention to detail, able to operate in a fast-paced environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d27w32-3-91-92-194-42 in your application.