WGN-TV is seeking a broadcast engineer in its maintenance and construction department, which services the news, production, and on-air operations at our facility in Chicago.
This is a diverse role, which will include both the physical installation, wiring, and setup of new equipment as we continue to expand and upgrade our facilities, as well as servicing and maintaining existing production / broadcast infrastructure. You may sometimes be required to provide shift-coverage within the operations-support office.
Must be able to perform occasional off-site work within the Chicagoland area, both in support of field operations for special events, as well as routine maintenance and repairs at UHF transmitter and ENG-receive sites.
Requirements & Skills:
• Must be able to read and understand schematic and signal-flow diagrams.
• The ability to terminate, test, and repair broadcast and IT related cabling is required.
• Familiarity with both operational workflows and backend infrastructure within a TV news and production environment is required.
• General knowledge of networking and IT infrastructure is preferred.
• Must be able to accommodate occasional requirements for overtime or non-normal work shifts.
• Associates degree or higher in an engineering, CS/IT, or communications-related field is preferred.
• Minimum three years experience in a technician/engineering role within the broadcast industry.
• Must be able to safely and confidently lift 50 lbs, work atop ladders, and in confined spaces.
• Able to fluently speak, hear, read and write English.
• Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
• Position requires membership in IBEW-1220.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8pqm-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.