ROSS XPRESSION GRAPHICS OPERATOR - NewsNation
Who we are:
NewsNation is a national news cable network currently reaching 75 million television households across the United States. The network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Group (NXST).
NewsNation is currently searching for a part-time Ross XPression Graphics Operator for our national newscasts
This opportunity is for someone that doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before – launch a new 24-hour news network.
• The successful candidate will prepare and switch XPression elements during live and pre-recorded programming, listening to Director's commands, and reacting swiftly and accurately, ensuring all content output meets quality standards.
• The broadcast will be fast paced and highly produced in a state-of-the-art control room using Ross XPression software.
• May be asked to train others or create training documentation.
• The successful candidate should add creativity and ideas that enhance the final product.
• Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team.
• All day parts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be a part of the schedule with overtime as situations demand.
• Five plus (5+) years' experience in professional live television broadcast operations required.
• You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator & Adobe InDesign as well as familiarity in media asset management and photo sites such as Getty Images.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news, be self-sufficient and have a ''press-on-regardless'' attitude.
• Other engineering experience in areas of routing, CGs, video playback, robotic camera operation, graphic design, FTP or building switcher effects a plus.
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment and be able to multitask.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field preferred.
This position is a part-time staff position which will require membership in IBEW.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79xo6-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.