It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are looking to build a Consumer Products team to help grow member joy and engagement around key titles by developing new ways for our members and fans to interact with Netflix.
We are pursuing consumer products because we believe it will drive meaningful show awareness/buzz with more tangible, curated ways to interact with our most popular content and ultimately, drive long-term revenue. Ideally, our products connect members to our content, and each other, by bringing their favorite stories to real life.
This role requires someone to take on the responsibility of creating and executing Netflix consumer products licensing and retail strategy for Japan, based on the Netflix originals and licensed content slate. This role will report to the Director of Consumer Products, APAC, and will be based in Tokyo, Japan.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify, approach, and drive collaborations with external partners and brands (fashion, art, food & beverage, etc.) that are designed to create buzz and impact for our titles and our brand.
• Develop title strategy in partnership with Content and go-to-market plans by title with partners, achieving a balance between driving consumer demand (a proxy for fan joy) and delivering meaningful revenue.
• Work closely with content teams to go deeper on key titles and provide unique insights to external partners to enable them to create the most innovative consumer products possible.
• Identify smaller titles and local originals that have potential for cultural impact and match them with the right creators to carve out new space.
• Be an internal and external champion of the opportunity and vision with regards to our licensing strategy and push for innovation in partner selection, product development, line planning, business models, strategic partnerships, etc.
• Build relationships for Netflix across the creative collaborator community and be our pulse of product trend culture in Japan.
• Manage Netflix licensing agency relationships in Japan as the direct liaison.
• Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
What we need from you:
• Demonstrated, 8+ years of experience in building and owning the end-to-end licensing and/or retail function at a reputable brand (entertainment studio, retailer, gaming, agency). Cross-functional, brand partnership/strategy, or general management experience is also welcome.
• Bachelor's degree or advanced degree (preferred).
• Pop culture and lifestyle experience with extensive knowledge of overarching trends as well as fashion, art, and consumer culture in the region.
• Comes with a strong network of influential collaborators in APAC, especially in Japan, who will be able to creatively work with us in new and unexpected ways.
• Experience creating and driving end-to-end strategy to build up new businesses from scratch.
• Able to be comfortable with ambiguity and move projects forward independently.
• Ability to work with and innovate in new sales channels and business models.
• Experience in different key categories, including softlines and hardlines, is a plus.
• Must be fluent in verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese, including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8973-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.