The Supervising Producer oversees the editing of audio, music, graphics, and ensures final product is delivered on time. The Supervising producer works closely with production teams to ensure the specific technical needs of entertainment shows are met.
• Serves as liaison between producers and the editing/postproduction team, ensuring work is assigned based on each show's individual needs
• Effectively communicates with producers and editing team, overseeing the edit schedule, and ensuring editors receive all materials in a timely manner
• Monitors and evaluates the work quality and performance of all postproduction personnel to ensure the timely completion of all associated projects and tasks
• Oversees quality control process and troubleshoots any issues that arise during editing
• Collaborates with the Media Manager and archives to ensure all archived media and metadata is available on time for different editing sessions
• Co produces promos
• Works closely with postproduction COE to establish daily call times for assigned crew, while anticipating unexpected editing needs, and allocating proper coverage accordingly
• Keeps both the EP & Director, Content Production, and the Director of Engineering/Tech Operations well informed of area activities and significant problems
• Establishes and manages workflows to ensure editing takes place far ahead of airtime
• Ensures that all work is done under the technical guidelines and operational procedures of Telemundo's infrastructure and adheres to EHS/OSHA regulations and procedures
• Raises concerns about possible violations of S&P and News legal policies to respective parties
• Attends editorial meetings with Show Producers and other content team members, communicating any concerns or issues that may cause the production to miss delivery deadline
Remains up to date on current and emerging technologies for post-production
Works closely with general producers and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum 5 years of experience in pre and post-production at a television network, network affiliate, major film studio, production company or advertising agency
Previous supervisory/leadership experience
A detailed understanding of file-based post-production workflows is required
Bachelor's degree with a focus in Film/TV Production, Electronics Engineering and/or equivalent level of education
Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
Must be willing to work in Miami, FL
Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Must be ''on call'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
Strategic mind-set with strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
Team player who is collaborative and able to interface with all members of a production team
Ability to forecast potential problems in postproduction in a proactive manner
Ability to effectively solve problems through critical thinking and with a sense of urgency
Results oriented, self-motivated, and able to lead and motivate others
Organized and structured, ability to reliably deliver on plans
Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with all levels of management
Exceptional time management and follow through
Strong written and communication skills
Resourceful Self-starter, able to work independently and seek out answers
Thrives under pressure and is flexible; understands weekend and off-hours are an occasional part of the job.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4120y-3-91-92-194-42 in your application.