Position: Production Manager
Division: NBC Universal Networks International
Reports to: Director of Production
Location: SKY Campus (Osterley). Please note that due to COVID 19, we are currently working remotely, we plan to adopt a hybrid working pattern as soon as we are able to return to office
The Production Manager works within the Production and Facilities team, who are responsible for all the production logistics on the planning, creation, and delivery of UNI's promotional output for both the UK and Emerging Markets business units. Working in close conjunction with the Director of Production, the role will be responsible for the day-to-day production management of the department, including being accountable for the departmental budgets, creative scheduling and planning of the promotional asset delivery.
This role's primary responsibility is Peacock, NBCUniversal's streaming service.
Peacock has recently launched in the UK and will be launching in early 2022 in Germany and Italy. Peacock delivers a world-class slate of exclusive originals, an extensive library of hit TV series, as well as critically acclaimed films.
• To plan and manage the day-to-day creative production schedules of the department for the promotional output primarily of Peacock EMEA feeds
• To plan and work with Director of Production & Social team (within Marketing) to understand social deliverable needs and oversee & plan efficient process
• To be the primary user of booking system (currently Farmers Wife), to ensure all creative bookings are made and kept up to date, any potential issues are flagged in a timely fashion with alternative suggestions put forward and ultimately ensuring production remains on track.
• To ensure that forward planning schedules are devised and maintained and communicated, producers are allocated edit dates according to TX priority and all work is scheduled and produced according to the monthly deliveries.
• Book any additional resources required by the UK and Emerging Markets teams e.g. VO artists, creative freelancers.
• To work closely with the Creative team to provide an optimum creative environment to produce excellent work
• To liaise closely with the Post-Production and Facility Manager to ensure they are aware of all production plans and production can be accommodated and delivered in time.
• To produce any requested reports on facility usage/production operations in conjunction with the Post-Production and Facility Manager.
• To organise any shoots as required
• Purchase Order raiser/ financial planning and analysis of expenditure to ensure Director of Production is kept aware of the status of the On-Air budgets. Accountable for keeping overall expenditure within the agreed budgetary amounts.
• To manage the Production coordinators including maintaining 1-1s, completing objectives and encouraging growth and motivation and ensuring they are managing the post bookings and postproduction sessions accordingly.
• Ensuring content is downloaded and ready for creative bookings, liaising with Director of Production for escalations in content availability.
• Working closely with Design Manager to ensure GFX requirements are planned efficiently and effectively.
• Be the first point of contact for day-to-day promo planning queries
• Work closely with Director of Production on special projects
• Manage, plan and forecast creative teams' usage, understand where opportunities can be streamlined – work with Director of Production in creating a streamlined process to utilise and optimise the Creative departments output
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Solid experience in an On-Air promotional environment is essential.
• Previous experience in a similar role highly advantageous.
• Good technical knowledge of post-production processes and 2D motion gfx workflow.
• Sound understanding of industry practice for TV production.
• Strong production management skills and previous experience of financial planning and control.
• A good understanding in organising shoots.
• Proactive approach, a self-starter.
• Must work well under pressure and keep to deadlines.
• Exceptional verbal communication and people management skills.
• Strong leadership skills and relationship building.
• Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Highly organised and excellent time management.
• Great stakeholder management skills
• Solid Multi-tasking skills
All applicants must be able to provide documentation to prove they are able to work in the United Kingdom.
For US Citizens: Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rje3nb-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.