NBCUniversal is looking for a Contracts Specialist to join the Labor Relations team, which is responsible for the negotiation and administration of the Company's collective bargaining agreements. Working closely with members of the Labor Relations team, the Contracts Specialist will provide support and assistance on a wide range of matters relating to the drafting, negotiation, and oversight of collective bargaining agreements, with specific focus on the Company's broadcast operations including NBC News, NBC Sports, NBC and Telemundo Owned Stations, and its East Coast facilities and studio operations. Successful candidates will be attentive and detailed-oriented, and possess strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
• Assist in connection with wide range of collective bargaining matters, including note taking, organizing and logging proposals, gathering materials responsive to external information requests, and partnering with HR, Benefits & Payroll to implement the agreed upon contract changes
• Analyze the provisions of the various CBAs and ascertain the intent and spirit of the negotiated provisions through bargaining history and arbitration award research
• Assist in the development and circulation of CBA negotiated change summaries
• Compile and maintain the company's practical interpretation of the provisions of the CBAs and the company's current and historical application of those provisions
• Facilitate digitization of legacy labor relations files and agreements, create a system to maintain and research files moving forward
• Analyze data and trends regarding grievances and arbitrations, assist with tracking and management of grievance pleadings and responses, and create reports to help track department efforts
• Assist with handling of grievances and preparing for grievance meetings and labor arbitration cases
• Maintain system of draft template agreements (i.e. merit upgrades, separation agreements, settlement agreements) and draft agreements as assigned by LR Executives
• Interact with attorneys, and union representatives, as requested by department executives
• Assist in special projects and administrative matters on occasion
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 2+ years of experience in a professional role requiring strong analytical and organizational skills and careful attention to detail
• Legal or Human Resources experience a plus
• Experience drafting, negotiating, analyzing, and working with contracts
• Experience providing support to attorneys or others in the legal function (preferred but not required)
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Strong administrative and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail
• Ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information with discretion
• Ability to utilize analytical thinking in the performance of daily tasks
• Strong time management skills, with ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency
• Works collaboratively with others
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor and remain client focused in stressful situations
• Proficiency with web-based databases and Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to effectively and efficiently juggling numerous assignments and requests from different parts of the business
• Good judgment and ability to work independently with legal and business personnel
• Ability to tackle day to day tasks in a manner that promotes a positive and supportive working environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbqep-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.