Summary This position is responsible for helping the Business Analytics Department to understand key challenges, structure problems, collect data, apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods, and turn insights into recommendations to increase operational efficiency, improve the fan experience, and elevate the Milwaukee Brewers brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Conduct analyses to measure effectiveness of concessions performance, marketing initiatives, retail products, operational efficiency, and pricing strategies on ticket sales and other organizational initiatives
• Partner with various Business Operations Departments, including Ticket Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, Concessions, and Retail, and develop strategic problem solving approaches to address unique challenges as well as provide recommendations to drive optimal business results
• Track and report on organizational KPIs
• Assist with market research efforts, including but not limited to the creation and implementation of the Brewers fan survey program
• Perform other duties, as assigned or requested
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Strong analytical skills required; candidate must be highly-capable at understanding business context in order to take analytical findings and apply them to the creation and/or implementation of business strategies
• Proven track record in collecting and synthesizing data sets of varying sizes and cleanliness, and then analyzing the data to glean business-driving insights; must be comfortable understanding and analyzing data that is at times incomplete and/or contradictory
• Ability to synthesize technical findings and deliver these findings to a non-technical audience
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• High attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, or related field from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer. Proficiency in SQL, Python, and/or R preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours may be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8pbx-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.