Lighting Artist | The Tiger's Apprentice (Paramount Animation)
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world's best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Mikros Animation is currently preparing several full CG feature films, including The Tiger's Apprentice, produced by Paramount Animation. Paced by its action and moments of emotion, the project is filled with performances of human beings and creatures.
Thus, we are looking for Lighting Artist to join our dynamic team!
Under the responsibility of the Supervisor and the Lead Lighting, the Lighting Artist has for missions:
• To lighten assigned shots while being responsible for their technical and artistic quality
• To be able to use a light rig and adapt it to the needs of the shot while maintaining the visual continuity of the sequence and existing lighting
• To be open to retakes, and responsible for their follow-ups
• Respect the manufacturing process and production deadlines
• Organize work and prepare presentation elements for validations / reviews in shotgun
Skills required ...
• Proficiency in Maya or other 3D software used in production
• Good understanding of colors and composition
• Rigor, autonomy and a love for teamwork
• Ability to follow an artistic direction and have graphic consistency
• Be able to work with deadlines
• Knowing how to adapt to new tools / workflow
• Previous experiences as a lighting artist on animated feature film projects, and / or VFX feature films
… And valued assets
• Knowledge of Shotgun
• Knowledge of Katana / Arnold
• Be comfortable in an English-speaking work environment
• Drawing / painting / photography
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9b5z4-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.