Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Assists in the set-up of projects and review sessions, and completes all editorial work as requested by a Lead or Co-Editor on the assigned show(s).
On any given day, your primary responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
• Maintains internal editorial database, updating frame ranges according to client updates.
• Outputs sequence movie files, AIFF audio files, and EDLs as specified by production.
• Provides visual reference for production, stage, client and CG artists.
• QC editorial client deliverables and prepares Avid media for upload.
• Imports consolidated media from client.
• Assists in show wrap-up including: layoff of movie files, finals reel, returning assets to client.
• Performs special projects under the supervision of Creative Director, Production Manager or Department Manager.
• Working with Production and TAs to process and organise I/O material from clients or external sources
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, and work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Final Cut Pro and Premiere experience a plus.
• Experience with shot tracking databases (i.e.: Filemaker, Shotgun).
• Post-production film experience (e.g. film handling, coding, logging).
• Post-production HD tape acqusition (e.g. timecode, logging, capturing).
• Familiarity using Linux systems a plus.
• Some basic scripting experience a plus, especially in Python
• Knowledge of Avid Media Composer.
**FOR US BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired US employees.
• • •
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyw03q-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.