Digital News Producer - KYTV
KY3 is part of a seven-station group in Springfield, MO. KY3 is one of the most dominant NBC affiliates in the country. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
KY3/KSPR, the award-winning newsroom in Springfield, MO is now looking for a creative digital producer. We are looking for candidates who can write clear, concise and conversational copy (without any grammar or spelling mistakes) who understand the importance and urgency of breaking news and weather. We want someone who can bring fresh, innovative ideas into our newsroom for all our digital products (web, social media, streaming/OTT, and apps). Successful candidate should be able to help find stories and UGC through various sources (social, web and phone) and communicate well with newsroom staff at the station and in the field. Journalism experience is preferred (print, digital or TV).
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Gather, edit, package and publish local news content focusing on (but not limited to) news, weather and traffic.
• Write articles, create and publish video clips and edit image galleries.
• Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices.
• Participate in efforts to hit daily and monthly aggressive benchmarks for the volume, frequency and reach of local content.
• Ability to post a variety of social media posts (including video with captions, MEMEs, and links) on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
• Responsible for researching and creating original content with texts, images, video and multimedia as well as initiating content conversations on social media.
• Initiate breaking news stories to be sent via email, text blasts or push alerts.
• Must be able to take leadership role in setting up daily live streams, Facebook Lives and posting interesting news content.
• Must work with reporters and MMJs and photographers daily to get content posted on social media and websites.
• Create specific web material to complement our various newscasts.
• Must have a strong understanding of current events and current trends on social media.
• Previous digital and social media experience is required. Experience in a newsroom is preferred.
• Working knowledge in the fields of broadcast journalism and digital media
• Must have ability to interact with viewers constantly on social media.
• Self-started with ability to demonstrate initiative and drive especially during breaking local, regional and national news
• Must be able to edit video for online quickly.
• Must have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be able to communicate daily stories that are trending to the news staff.
• Someone with experience in photography and/or newscast producing is a plus.
• Ability to work in a team and across all departments ensuring digital formats are 100% accurate without typos or errors.
• Must have excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news combined with the ability write succinctly and with flair.
• Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism or related field
• Will produce and maintain the content for kspr.com, ky3.com and other online platforms with the goal of building an audience of loyal, local visitors.
• Will work closely with marketing on creating promotional campaigns on social media and the web for special reports and events.
• Must be flexible with a willingness to undertake shift work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation.
• Must be willing to listen to scanners, answer the phone, research and call for updates on stories while sitting at the assignment desk.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5j6oe-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.