General News Producer - KOTA / Kevn
KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates in Rapid City at the base of the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. KOTA and KEVN and the market leaders for local news, sports and weather and recently moved in to a new, state of the art facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands. Both stations cover the Black Hills area of South Dakota as well as parts of eastern Wyoming. Our teams produce six daily newscasts and six weekend newscasts.
KOTA Territory News is looking for a full-time producer. Come work in our state-of-the-art studio in the beautiful Black Hills!
Our ideal candidate is a leader with solid news judgement, intelligence and energy, plus a creative vision for what it takes to produce engaging newscasts.
The producer creates the newscast rundown, writes stories, builds graphics, coordinates with field crews, and communicates with everyone involved in the daily newscast. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must. Solid news judgment and ability to multi-task is essential. You should be calm under pressure. The ideal candidate would be social media and tech savvy. You must be a team player with a great attitude and be available to work various schedules as needed.
*** Please note, the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above ***
- BA in Journalism or related field
- Must be versed in broadcast and digital writing styles
- Must possess advanced understanding of newscast presentation
- Must possess excellent writing and graphics skills with ability to provide an interesting and substantive product
- Must be results oriented
- Ability to focus on coordination of daily and long range segments from first contact to on-air product
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make quick decisions without losing composure
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r796n9-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.