KGAN is looking for a Chief Engineer!
• Oversee all engineering functions of the station, including, planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
• Manage training and hiring processes for engineering staff
• Supervise maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local area network applications
• Ensure software license compliance and all software versions are up to date
• Supervise preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting of broadcast electronical equipment, including but not limited to, cameras, audio and video equipment, microwave transmitters and receivers, satellite receivers, and computing equipment
• Supervise and/or perform transmitter maintenance
• Work with Corporate leadership to ensure security and FCC compliance
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in broadcast electrical system and equipment maintenance
• Experience training and managing technicians with a positive and constructive attitude
• Proficiency in evaluating, troubleshooting, installing, and maintaining broadcast equipment and IT systems
• Dedication to quality and time management while upholding to all FCC regulations
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Ability to work on ladders, stand for long periods of time, and lift computers or equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Technical degree in electronics or a related field, or an equivalent of work and educational experience
• SBE certification and A+ certification is preferred
We offer an excellent benefit package that incudes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), HSA & FSA, EAP, Wellness Program and Incentive Bonus Program!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7966q-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.