This position will work with the Guest Services Department to coordinate all guest services matters for tenant (Rockets) and non-tenants (concerts, family shows).
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Assist the Guest Services Department in hiring and training part time event night staff.
• Address issues affecting the fan experience at Toyota Center and recommend solutions.
• Serve as the liaison between Rockets Service team, vendors, and Guest Service/Security teams to track event night concerns and issues to ensure resolutions and communication.
• Implement system to communicate and resolve issues and organization opportunities for improvement based of fan feedback and post-event survey results.
• Will work with Guest Services Manager to determine staffing levels, complete staffing calls and develop continuing education and training plans as it impacts customer service levels and delivery to our customers.
• Assist in developing and implementing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and develop employee collaterals such as handbooks, training manuals, uniform requirements, etc.
• Provide supplemental event support as needed.
• Various other duties as assigned.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities for assigned staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing issues and solving problems and regularly communicating with staff.
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• BS/BA degree in a related field
• Must have the ability and willingness to work long days, evenings and weekends.
• Two years' experience in the entertainment (arena, stadium or theater) industry or related field.
• Extensive customer service background including training and staffing
• Experience in large-scale startups in a similar or related capacity.
• Demonstrated managerial or supervisory experience in this field.
Physical & mental requirements:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82n8k-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.