WAVE is the first television station to sign on in Kentucky and Southern Indiana and has a rich history of being the areas most trusted source for local news, weather, and sports. WAVE is the official television station for the Kentucky Derby and is known across the country for its award-winning journalism and breakthrough investigations. As part of the Gray Television family, WAVE is on the leading-edge of innovation, constantly investing in the tools and technology to best serve our audiences on all screens with original and local multi-platform content. WAVE is in the heart of downtown Louisville, where technology, filmmaking, tourism, sports, education, health, and music make Louisville one of the most industry-diverse metro areas in the nation.
The Local Sales Manager at WAVE 3 News is responsible for overseeing all Local revenue for the station while leading a team of sellers and support staff in a positive and collaborative way.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Guide and oversee the Local Sales Teams' selling efforts to achieve revenue goals with both Agency and Direct clients across all of our available platforms.
• Help develop and implement client focused advertising plans, new products and effective sales presentations to generate New Local Direct Business.
• Assist Account Executives with Ad Agency spot negotiation business to maximize share of business and to sell sponsorships and promotions.
• Maintain effective internal systems and processes to ensure proper development of new and existing accounts and to help keep sellers on track to achieve their New Local Developed Business goals.
• Develop and maintain excellent Local Advertiser and Agency relationships making sales calls both on your own and with Account Executives.
• Manage inventory control, rate structure, and keep orders flowing into the traffic system
• Create and maintain Local Sales budgets. Track and accurately forecast pending business.
• Coach and train the sales team by keeping them up to date on product knowledge, leading positively by example.
• Interact with Creative Services, Marketing, Promotions and News teams on Sales related events and initiatives
• Have fun and celebrate wins!
• Minimum of three years' experience in Local Broadcast Sales Management and a proven track record of leadership and sales success.
• Thorough understanding and a proven track record of success in Broadcast Spot TV advertising sales including development of New Local Direct Business and Ad Agency Spot and Share negotiation.
• Very good understanding of Digital Sales and Digital environment including Targeted Display, social media, OTT / Connected TV, Email marketing, SEO and Paid Search.
• Well versed and adept in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
• Extensive knowledge of TV station inventory and how it works, Wide Orbit experience a plus.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
• Passion for selling teaching, coaching, and leading.
• Track record of creative idea generation.
• Valid Driver's license, and good driving record required.
• College Degree preferred or extensive industry experience.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx9v84-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.