Fox TV Stations
Eden Prairie, MN
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of US television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, DC and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
If you've read this far, we don't have to tell you: Local TV sports departments are shrinking, not adding.
Well, not here at FOX 9/KMSP in Minneapolis/St. Paul. We are THE local television sports leader in the Twin Cities and growing every year. Just look at our line-up card:
• We are the Official Home of the Minnesota Vikings. From the Draft to Training Camp, preseason to post-season…we do partnership shows with the Vikings Entertainment Network year around. Check us out by searching ''Vikings Game Day Live'' or ''Vikings Postgame Tonight'' on You Tube.
• We have a marquee official partnership with the University of Minnesota. It's ''The PJ Fleck Show'', with the nationally known coach, for 5 months out of the year. And we don't care whether Gophers are on our air or not, we do a football pre-game show every week. After football season, we turn our attention to Gopher men's and women's basketball along with hockey.
• Twins or Timberwolves make the playoffs? Live, in the field sports shows are a gimme. AAA Baseball is on FOX 9+ with the St. Paul Saints.
• And 52 weeks a year we produce 3 live weekend sports shows. That's in addition to live sports segments in just about every newscast.
So how do you make our team?
• BE a highly motivated sports JOURNALIST, not a highlight reader. Break sports stories that others will follow.
• KNOW how to produce your own content on linear and digital. That's not just a 3 minute sports segment. Know how lay out a show rundown and get it on the air.
• DELIVER on the air in a compelling and conversational manner. Shout at the camera? Not a good fit for us.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj939b-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.