Full Time Job
Assistant Editor, Blossom and So Yummy
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
First Media is a leading social media publishing and marketing company, at the intersection of content and commerce and driving the shoppable content revolution, with more than 200 employees, 180 million fans, and 1.5 billion monthly views. Our brands Blossom, So Yummy, Blusher, and BabyFirst inspire our global audience daily. With an average annual growth rate of 50% over the past five years and multiple Fortune 500 partners, we are leading the next generation in shoppable content.
The Assistant Editor is the Post Production point person from beginning to end of each project, assisting the editors in all technical and organizational aspects and handling ingestion of media, final QC, and delivery of projects to the Los Angeles office. This role also works with the Production Manager to ensure timelines and budgets are being met, and to ensure seamless hand-offs from Production to Post and from Post to the LA office.
- Provide AE support for 2 editors that are editing on-going food and lifestyle/DIY video projects for 4 production teams (2 teams per editor - one lifestyle/DIY, one food content) The AE supports both style projects.
- Ingest media cards from Production teams onto local and cloud-based server and organize/label media
- Create project files, proxies and stringouts
- Reframe final 1x1 or 4x5 exports into 9x16 and 16x19 versions
- Perform final Quality Control (QC) review of all media files
- Manage final delivery digital file transfers to LA team
- Archive projects upon completion
- Familiarity with Adobe CC - specifically Premiere and Media Encoder, Frame.io, Monday.com
- Experience with Photoshop and After Effects a plus
- Proven server and media organization abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and creative problems
- Keen eye for detail
- Fluency in English required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0e4x1-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.