- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionIn this role, the Operations Coordinator uses technical background and practical experience to organize and coordinate operations and logistics relevant to ESPN-produced events. This individual is expected to acquire working knowledge of all phases of departmental operations through orientation and observation; familiarizes self with basic duties of other departmental personnel and functions of Operations Producer. This role may travel to remote sites, as needed, on various sporting events, to assist Operations Producers in organizing and coordinating on-site operations and logistics, interacting with crew personnel, production and technical teams to meet specific schedules and goals.
• Provide support to the Operations Management in Bristol and at remote locations.
• Maintain event personnel lists, ensuring the accuracy of work start and end dates and coordinate with crewing department to ensure that personnel are hired properly.
• Create and maintain the Operations hotel list and work with Travel to ensure its accuracy.
• Place orders for equipment and supplies as requested. i.e. VIZ, C&S, ART etc.
• Oversee and carry out office functions at remote work sites.
• Receive and process invoices.
• Update financial tracking documents on the I Drive. Interface with the Program Finance Department to keep them apprised of location expenses and budgetary information pertinent to remote events.
• Evaluate freelance candidates for entry-level support positions for remotes. Booking the local runner and utility hires.
• Ensure all new hires and vendors complete corporate paperwork correctly and guide it through the system that will result in appropriate payment.
• Assist in arranging shipping between vendors and remote locations.
• Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of technical equipment and systems.
• Assist the Operations Producer on survey distribution and remote maintenance.
• Must be willing to take calls after hours, and on nights and weekends.
• Ability to balance the day-to-day workload, along with helping to oversee day-of-air remote challenges.
• High School Diploma
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzy75n-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.