Software Development Engineer II fullstack developer, Content Systems, Bangalore
About Warner Bros. Discovery:
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
For more information, please visit www.wbd.com
Meet Our Team:
The Content Systems Engineering team builds the applications and services that power Discovery's content supply chain.
Our applications cover the entire breadth of the media supply chain, from idea to distribution. We have a robust global community of thousands of internal Discovery users who rely on our apps every day to get television produced, on the air, and onto Discovery+.
We're looking for a developer who can be an integral part of our new development team in Discovery's Bangalore office. We need a full stack developer who's comfortable building, implementing, and consuming RESTful APIs for enterprise solutions. Our current service tier is a blend of Java and Node.js services. We're transitioning our older, monolithic Dojo-based SPA to a micro-front-end featuring reusable components and loosely-coupled micro-apps. As a full-stack developer you'd be working alongside our current development team that features other full-stack developers along with some specialists dedicated to either front-end or back-end layers. No need to be an expert in everything, but we need you to be comfortable in your skills in each layer to contribute to it. Requirements and designs don't deliver set in stone, so we would like you to be able to think on your feet and fill in the blanks when necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Build application service layers and UIs to support Discovery's content supply chain
• design and development of entire systems within the supply chain. Build architectural diagrams that communicate what we need to build and how we need to build it.
• Describe and defend your design and code decisions to other engineers, embrace constructive feedback, and adapt your approach to align with team and company standards and objectives.
• Offer enhancements to best practices, document, design, and architecture improvements, and as feedback through code reviews to other engineers without continuous prompting or recurring encouragement. Other engineers appreciate your feedback.
• Troubleshoot a production issue by reviewing source code, logs, operational metrics, stack trace etc. to pinpoint a specific problem and then resolve it.
What to Bring:
• 5-8 years of experience as a software developer - fullstack
• Experience with event driven architecture or asynchronous messaging services
• Experience developing Single Page Applications with a modern UI framework
• High proficiency and technical leadership with technologies on our stack including Java (Spring) and Node JS, and Angular 6 and higher
• Experience working within a SAFe Agile team, collaborating with others to build software and iteratively improve it
• You have a proven track record of designing and building applications for media workflows, media catalogs, and asset registries
• You are an effective communicator, demonstrating this in your discussions with the team and stakeholders and through your documentation
• You solve business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
• You deliver high-quality results the first time and improve code, documentation, and results with each iteration. Your team trusts your work.
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work
• Equal opportunity employer
• Fast track growth opportunities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwv08p-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.