Senior Financial Analyst
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
For more than 20 years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains consumers around the globe by providing premium feature film and television series, enthusiast streaming channels and technology services to the world's largest media, retail and technology companies. As a leader in the rapidly evolving streaming ecosystem, Cinedigm continues its legacy as an innovator through its adoption of next-generation technologies, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, through its proprietary, highly-scalable Matchpoint™ technology platform. For more information, visit www.cinedigm.com.
NOTE: Cinedigm is currently a 100% work-from-home company. While we may return to an office environment in the future, we do not have plans to return to an office setting at this time. When we return to an office environment, the incumbent may be required to work from the office on a part or full-time basis, as needed. We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst with a focus on budgeting/forecasting and financial modeling/analysis. This role will collaborate with internal partners to provide management reporting, helping leadership understand key business drivers and assess the company's financials. This role requires the ability to dive deep into complex data to synthesize information.
• Build and track budgets, forecasts, and long-range plans across multiple business units
• Create, improve, and maintain financial reporting tools and processes
• Propose and implement improvements to drive efficiencies in reporting accuracy
• Analyze actual results in comparison to prior periods, budget and forecast; produce variance reports and analyses to inform management of trends and cause-of-change
• Draft executive summaries and presentations that headline the financial and operational performance of the organization based on metric analysis and tracking
• Partner with Accounting to review pre-close results, ensure expense coding aligns with budget/forecast, and recommend accruals/journal entries when necessary
• Provide ad hoc analysis as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or similar discipline
• Minimum 2 years of experience in corporate finance or related role
• Knowledge of US GAAP accounting, operations, financial statements, account analysis, and management reporting
• Solid analytical skills and ability to understand and resolve complex problems
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Exceptional organizational skills; ability to handle complicated work efficiently and effectively
• Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, ask questions, detect problems, and provide solutions
• Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time across competing activities/resources and manage projects/processes under tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to analyze data and problem solve
• Team player with strong work ethic
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Master's degree in relevant field
• Experience working for publicly held media and entertainment companies
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains
Cinedigm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate or promote discrimination or harassment of any kind. Cinedigm does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g38y0n-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.
For more than twenty years, Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has led the digital transformation of the entertainment industry. Today, Cinedigm entertains hundreds of millions of consumers around the globe by providing premium content, streaming channels, and technology services to the world’s largest media, technology, and retail companies.