BRON is the parent to a group of companies, operating across the media and technology sectors. Co-founded in 2010, BRON has grown into is a leader in the global film, television, and animation worlds, with new digital content, interactive gaming, international sales, merchandising & licensing, plus venture investments and advisory initiatives across the media-tech space. BRON has built a reputation for creating world-class, purpose based and commercially accessible content which has led the company to critical acclaim, including 32 Academy Award nominations, with 6 wins.
Capitalizing on a foundation built over 11+ years, enduring industry partnerships, and cultural acclaim, BRON is expanding its media omniverse to engage with audiences long after the credits roll. Through the development of original IP, cross-platform media experiences and data-driven insights BRON will continue their charge to tell important intersectional stories and foster conversation within a new media landscape.
The candidate will be based in Canada (working 9am - 6pm PST schedule), but this position is fully remote.
• Join BRON's Interactive game development team on the ground floor, and contribute your ideas to help shape our games
• Establish and assist in developing the UI aesthetic from concept to execution for BRON's first video game
• Create intuitive, user-centric UX wireframes, page layouts, interactions, prototypes, mockups, iconography, 3D & 2D UI designs for cross platform applications
• Integrate UI assets in Unreal Engine 5
• Interface closely with game development team members to implement and improve interactive menus, interfaces and HUDs in-engine
• Work together with the design lead, art team, and engineers to conceive, implement, and iterate on core game design features
• Contribute ideas to current systems - crafting, monetization, rewards, customization, narrative - and assist with updating documentation and implementation
• Implement and script gameplay components in Unreal 5's blueprint system
• Evangelize, research, and promote user-centered design practices and principles in meetings and presentations with stakeholders, and teams across disciplines
• Contribute, innovative, and develop original ideas on all aspects of game production and development
• Proactively schedule own time as necessary, notify ;eads in advance of upcoming roadblocks and challenges
• Ability to create and implement concepts from wireframes to shippable art with minimal support
• Minimum 2 years as a graphic designer, UX designer, UI designer or similar experience
• Ability to show examples of your work as it relates to games (PC, Mobile, and/or Console), websites, or interactive spaces
• Proven experience in building gameplay in Unreal Engine 4+
• Proven experience using Unreal's blueprint system
• Intermediate knowledge of game design scripting and writing documentation
• A strong passion for video game development
• Can effectively and rapidly prototype ideas in Unreal, Adobe Suite, commonly utilized UI/UX tools
• Effective communicator and collaborator with developers, designers and leads from other disciplines
• A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of game systems
• Strong visual portfolio related to games or interactive experiences
• Strong knowledge/proficiency of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rze423-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.