JOB TITLE: Account Executive, Group and Hospitality Sales
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Partnerships
REPORTS TO: Director, Group Events and Hospitality
JOB PURPOSE: This position will renew current group ticket accounts and will focus on prospecting and selling new group ticket packages. This individual will continue to maintain the overall group ticket base and grow relationships with the group leaders.
COMPENSATION: Base salary and bonus opportunities based on individual and organizational success growing group sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
• Renew existing group ticket accounts
• Handle a high volume of incoming group sales calls
• Serve as part of a Group Sales Team dedicated to maximizing sales efforts
• Meet or exceed specified sales goals
• Sell group ticket packages to new prospects
• Develop strong working knowledge of Suites and Party Facility spaces
• Work with DNC/ Maryland Sportservice to set client expectations
• Generate leads for prospective new clients
• Develop relationships with existing and new accounts to increase revenue.
• Visit groups on game days to maintain relationships
• Provide excellent customer service to all ticket holders
• Record detailed daily activity in TDC or other format as requested
• Work with third party online company to create electronic links for group customers
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Two plus years of experience in ticket sales/operations and customer service preferably within a professional sports environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate must have strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively. Previous experience in professional sports preferred. The candidate should have outstanding customer service, sales, motivational, communication and time management skill, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Adhere to Baltimore Orioles organization policies and procedures
• Perform duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet Department productivity standards
• Flexibility to work event hours plus some weekends and evenings
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to this post.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race (including hair textures, afro hairstyles, or protective hairstyles), color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran's status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement of the position, subject to consideration of reasonable accommodations for documented medical or religious needs that do not pose an undue hardship.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqnwox-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.