Full Time Job
Audio Operations Lead - A1
Arts District Brooklyn
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Audio Operations Lead - A1
The Audio Operations lead is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of the audio production and house elements required to ensure an exciting and immersive environment for attendees.
This position is technical, as well as supervisory. This position requires routine maintenance of show spatial audio PA system, band equipment and backline, house audio system, RF spectrum management, audio system design, show comms, radio based comms system, Discord/Unity for comms, and signal/power/data distribution. For live performances, the A1 will control the band output to the house PA.
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of participating in the execution of daily events as well as additional production opportunities. This candidate should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and collaborate with others in an ever changing production environment.
- 5 years experience as an A1 in a club, theater, or touring environment
- Min 2 years experience designing, setting up, and operating spatial audio systems including but not limited to Meyer Galaxy and Timax systems
- Working experience with Qlab for audio playback and integrating with Green Hippo media servers
- Experience with current gen digital consoles
- Familiarity with FCC RF regulations for audio purposes
- OSHA Aerial platform lift certification
- Be the main point of contact for relevant audio operations support, emergency or otherwise.
- Be present in the space a minimum of 50 hours a week
- When necessary, alert TD of need for external support assistance with the show or its equipment.
- Help TD manage a team of technicians to assist with working with audio related production to schedule necessary maintenance, repairs and touch-ups.
- Schedule and assist with performing maintenance related spatial and house audio systems.
- Maintain a clean and audio equipment storage area and FOH
- Maintain inventory of auxiliary materials or equipment needed for cleaning or special events and needs (i.e. tools, cleaning supplies, expendables, etc), with all expenses approved by management.
- Assist in all necessary training and oversight for audio staff to operate the show including A2 and any outside technicians brought in for special events; interact with other production elements throughout the space; and perform basic troubleshooting.
- Perform weekly quality control walkthroughs of show and venue to ensure all elements are acceptably close to the "installed" state provided by our vendors.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2y936-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.