Full Time Job
Managing Producer, Wondery
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionJob summary
Wondery is hiring for a Managing Producer to oversee the production processes for Commissioned Originals, our originals partnership show vertical. This role will manage day-to-day production across multiple podcasts and supervise the production of each episode. You will be vital to Commissioned Originals as the one providing the main logistical support. You will be the main point of contact between Commissioned Originals and marketing and ad operations to ensure a smooth production process for episodes and deliverables, including building and maintaining calendars, budgets, contracts, and facilitating delivery of assets. Strong organization and communication skills are absolutely essential for this role.
You will report to the Head of Production (who leads a team of managing producers and coordinating producers) and work closely with the Head of Commissioned Originals. This is an opportunity to help build and maintain infrastructure and organization for our growing slate of commissioned original shows. We develop premium content and this role is key to building the foundation under each show.
While we are aiming to hire the Managing Producer into Los Angeles, CA or New York City, NY.
Key job responsibilities
• Create and oversee production calendars, production budgets, and logistics across all productions.
• Manage deliverable schedules and maintain deadlines.
• Coordinate production logistics with internal staff and external contractors.
• Manage freelance production personnel (Editors, Writers, Sound Designers, hosts, etc) and their onboarding.
• Act as main point of contact between Commissioned Originals and other Wondery departments to deliver needed assets.
• Oversee and support producers with remote and studio recordings.
• Provide feedback on scripts and sound design as needed.
A day in the life
The person in this role will report to the Head of Production and work closely with the Head of Commissioned Originals as well as internal Wondery content producer teams. They will have the opportunity to see, up close, what it takes to run and maintain successful shows to ensure each show runs smoothly. They will work primarily with the Commissioned Originals team and have the support of the Production team.
About the team
Wondery is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy series including Apology Line, Even the Rich, American Scandal, and Business Wars. Wondery's shows have gained critical acclaim and commercial success from an immersive approach to audio storytelling, which helps listeners to ''Feel the Story.'' An impressive 31 of Wondery's shows hit #1 on Apple Podcasts since 2017. Many Wondery series are being adapted for scripted television, including WeCrashed, The Shrink Next Door, and Dr. Death.
The Wondery team includes all kinds of individuals: no matter your race, gender, sexual orientation, mental and physical ability, whether you listen to business podcasts, true crime or audio fiction, or any other quality, you are welcome here. Our team's personal experiences and unique viewpoints are what shape our narratives, and they form our culture in every area of the company. It is through all of us expressing our own experiences that we can tell the most immersive and engaging stories.
• 5+ years experience as a producer, production manager or line producer
• 5+ years of experience with budgeting, scheduling and cost reporting
• Experience with on-set problem solving
• Excellent project management skills with proven ability to pivot and creatively problem solve.
• A systematic or process-driven approach to projects with a bias for action.
• Skilled at self-direction and strong ownership of project and process.
• Effective leadership and diplomatic communication skills.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkqxm4-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.