We are looking for a Sync Licensing Executive to join our Content Acquisition Team to support clearances for Latin America. The individual will manage relationships and negotiate terms on branded commercial uses of music, and streamline administrative functions with partner teams. The Senior Content Acquisition Manager will be challenged to close deals efficiently and will be world class at project management. Our ideal candidate will have a proven ability to manage sync licensing projects, negotiate license agreements, and deliver results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Act as central point of contact between Amazon Music and Amazon LATAM/Latin teams seeking to use music in branded advertising and marketing campaigns/content.
• Negotiate fees and material terms to obtain sound recording and/or composition approvals for audio and lyric based synchronization/marketing requests for Amazon Brands.
• Negotiate standard sync license terms with labels and publishers, and escalate with the corresponding Legal team as needed.
• Develop and execute licensing strategies with labels and publishers to streamline clearances at scale.
• Work with partner teams to facilitate payments and obtain internal signatures on licenses.
• 7+ years content acquisition and/or sync licensing experience
• BA/BS required
• Track record of managing a large number of account relationships and deals simultaneously, ideally related to media/entertainment
• Ability to understand and analyze contract terms, and close deals at a fast pace
• Sound business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese, both written and verbal
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
• Understanding of various licensing structures and associated fees
• Excellent business judgment and demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving priorities and opportunities
• Experience in writing detailed, and data-supported documents
• Experience working in the music industry or other related digital content acquisition roles
• Global contact base with music labels and publishers
• Passion for music and digital media
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbq9p-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.