Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a member of the global Internal Communications team at ABK, the Sr. Manager, Internal Communications for Activision Publishing will:
• Develop strategic and compelling content that explains our strategy in a way that helps every employee understand their role in our mission
• Align our people globally to our culture, values, and business goals, so they can deliver AAA quality experiences for our players and feel like this is the best place to have an epic career.
• Champion our purpose of serving players and promote pride within the organization
In partnership with the Sr. Director of Internal Comms, this role will help the team accomplish its mission by:
• Ensuring timely delivery of news and information to employees with rigor in communicating the accurate information to the right audience.
• Producing accurate and error-free documents, messaging, emails, executive and brand communications, and talking points for internal audiences
• Developing comprehensive internal communication plans that outline how and via what channels the team should use to connect with employees
• Working independently to deliver engaging global communication materials for corporate and company-wide announcements and initiatives (e.g., new product & game launches, marketing campaigns or partnership announcements, etc.)
• Tracking and measuring the efficiency of internal messages against employee engagement; making thoughtful, executable recommendations for improvements based on insight.
• Driving awareness of and participation in major initiatives tied to workplace satisfaction (Culture, DE&I, CSR)
• Helping to lead Issues & Crisis Communications with planned messaging development, coordination with HR and other partners
• Supervising the impact and sentiment of existing communication channels (e.g., newsletter, All-Hands, town halls, company-wide emails, Slack, etc.) and leading organizational change plans as needed to ensure employees stay connected and up to date on what's happening with our business and players
Additionally, the Sr. Manager, Internal Communications for Activision Publishing has responsibility for:
• Serving as the project management lead on the day-to-day internal communications plans, being one step ahead on content ideas and development, scheduling, and the publication of comms across all internal channels
• Proactively working with our creative teams to build assets to support initiatives
• Creating, implementing, and maintaining against an editorial calendar for the BU and in partnership with the broader communications team, ensuring that the content and presentation are consistent with key priorities
• Building engaging templates, messaging documents, and processes for the internal communications team to ensure collaboration across our networks to generate ongoing effective communication
• Working cross-functionally as the lead on multiple employee engagement projects providing strong direction and management for support staff with little supervision
• Supervising emerging themes/trends to build resources and content to support ideas and themes and to highlight areas that may need to be addressed to and by leadership
• Partnering with studio heads, managers, and a variety of cross-functional teams (HR, talent acquisition, communications, legal, finance, central tech, product, and others) to tackle problems, remove obstacles, and empower our dedicated game teams to tell their stories to employees
• Accountable for bringing unique content (assets, articles, interviews, video, etc.) related to Activision to all employees via the Hub
• Conceptualizing, drafting, routing, editing, and distributing ongoing cadence of emails and other content and Slack content for Activision Publishing audiences
• Coordinating with internal teams on awards opportunities, games code distribution, giveaways, and prizes tied to game releases, events, and employee celebration and recognition
• This role requires a self-motivated individual comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing high-quality results
• Exercises good judgment, including the ability to prioritize results and quickly adjust in ambiguous situations
• 6+ years of proven experience in a communications role, preferably internal communications supporting a variety of partners and executive-level leaders
• Strong attention to detail, especially related to written skills across different formats from executive messaging to employee newsletters and internal memos, including copywriting and editing; creative writing is a plus
• A creative storyteller with the ability to proactively seek out information from teams, frequently turning sophisticated information into engaging content
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• An understanding of current trends in the gaming space, with the ability to develop, present, and implement ideas; labor relations comms experience is a plus
• Adaptable, reliable, and humble, willing to tackle projects big and small
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, English, or relevant field
• Knowledge of distribution list management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvp0ww-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.