The Senior TRG Project Lead works closely with the QA Manager and Senior QA Manager to ensure that the QA Functional test team, or the Technical Requirements test team, are performing at a high standard. The primary responsibilities of the job consist of ensuring the quality of work the QA Associate Project Leads and QA Project Leads conduct and give them the appropriate support in order to achieve their goals. The Senior TRG Project Lead ensures the QA staffs works in a methodical and organized manner to maximize productivity and ensure that Activision's standards are respected. The Senior TRG Project Lead checks the quality and consistency of the communication between the Functional or Requirements team, the Production team, and the Development team and intervenes when necessary. The Senior TRG Project Lead may act as QA Project Lead if needed, and can therefore be in charge of directly leading testing efforts across any ongoing projects or specific requests from the development studios.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Supports the QA Project Leads throughout the testing process, including both regular testing cycles on new projects and specific testing requests.
• Maintains and improves the testing plans for their group.
• Closely manages the evolution of each project's allotted budgets in order to remain on or under budget.
• Ensures project documents are kept up-to-date.
• Deliver timely and robust project reports that cover any necessary data or feedback requested.
• Checks the quality of the games' supporting documentation. Contributes to the test strategy by continually adapting and revising test cases according to changes made to the game.
• Helps in the creation and the improvement of the Quality Assurance documents and policies.
• Identifies, in collaboration with QA Project Leads and the Production team, the bugs that will not be fixed due to minimal in-game impact and/or risk to fix them.
• Ensures the consistency and the quality of communication between the test team and the Production team.
• Alerts the QA Manager of any problem that requires attention.
• May replace a QA Project Lead in case of an absence for any reason.
Managing and Mentoring
• Regularly evaluates the performance of direct reports and works with them on ways to maintain and improve the quality of their work.
• Advises QA Project Leads on best practices for assembling the test team and playing to each member's strengths.
• Regularly trains QA Project Leads in order to showcase the department's objectives and standard practices.
• Ensures that the policies of the department and the company are respected.
• Ensures follow-up on QA Tester performance and identifies cases in which disciplinary action must be taken.
• May participate in the department job interviews.
• Proficient with Devtrack and Jira or similar database software.
• Able to identify bugs in games and report them in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials.
• Excellent knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Deep understanding of first party technical requirements, or functional testing.
• Knowledge about tools used in console testing.
• 3+ years of experience working in the Activision QA Department or in a comparable Quality Assurance department.
• Previous experience in a leadership role (QA Project Lead).
• Strong leadership ability.
• Has a basic understanding of financial acumen and how to act on it. Considers impact to the AOP and P&L and takes fiscal responsibility into consideration before making decisions.
• Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
• Must be honest, punctual, and have a strong work ethic.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance. Able to give and accept positive as well as negative feedback.
• Demonstrable ability to work with and help mentor new testers.
• Perfect knowledge of the policies and procedures of the Quality Assurance department.
• Must have knowledge of popular genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games.
• A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkp0oq-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.