WPDE is seeking an aggressive, energetic and creative full-time Content Coordinator! We are looking for someone who know how to make contacts, generate story ideas, and react decisively to breaking news. Candidates must have strong logistical skills and the ability to move crews strategically. We need someone with strong communication skills who can coordinate coverage and problem solve unforeseen obstacles. This person must be able to perform calmly and communicate effectively under pressure.
Skills and Experience:
• Assign and track news crews
• Identify and develop daily content
• Write and post content to station website and social media sites
• Compelling and accurate writing
• Listen to scanners and react to breaking news, make beat checks, monitor web sites and social media, react to developing news
• Develop and maintain contacts and sources to enterprise story ideas
• Listen for and respond to breaking news
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media platforms
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rojvz2-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.