Local 44 (WFFF) and Local 22 (WVNY) in Burlington, Vermont, has an immediate opening for a service- focused, motivated and friendly front office representative /Sales Assistant for our television station. In this role you will be the first line of communication for visitors to our station and those calling in. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, professional environment where responsiveness, strong follow through, excellent attention to detail and dedication are the norm. A customer-focused approach with a strong desire to help others is critical for success.
• Greets and provides customer service to visitors
• Answers and routes telephone calls
• Takes phone messages for other personnel
• Accepts packages from couriers and prepares packages for shipment
• Performs forms and reports, makes copies when necessary
• Performs clerical functions for the General Manager and Sales Department as needed
• Enters orders, traffic and accounting data using computers, ledgers, orders and other resources.
• Maintains awareness of the most current broadcast traffic policies, practices and procedures.
• Maintains files and other business records.
• Coordinates station or marketing events.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma, college degree preferred.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
• Minimum two year's experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the sales or media fields.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5j2x7-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.