Freelance Assistant Editor
Remote / Virtual
As the Global Media Asset Manager you will be responsible for the conception and application of the global standards and practices for management of Riot Esports broad array of media assets. You will develop processes to continuously generate efficiency in media flows around the organization and create metadata enrichment workflows that will amplify the identifiability and impact of our content.
Reporting to the Global Lead, Content Operations, you will help compose and will support a globally distributed group of regional Media Managers. By implementing processes and structure you will ensure regional facilities are successful in the application of central standards and work in unison to support content creators around the globe. You will apply your innovative mind towards composing and deploying media workflows within on-prem, cloud and hybrid eco-systems and leading solution design for broadcast and streaming delivery processes. Your capacity to manage work streams that are influenced by a diverse set of teams, your affinity for continually helping users, documenting processes, and representing team feedback for software and hardware improvements, will help the team shine and develop sustainably as we support the growth of our sports.
Your expertise in composing and maintaining metadata taxonomies, and applying these in large-scale deployments with a diverse set of integration points and customers, and your passion for managing and motivating technical staff , will be crucial as we establish a world class media asset operation for Riot Esports.
• Support and develop Media Management staff that is globally distributed in Regional Broadcast Centers, helping them grow as contributors and develop their careers
• Conceive the core Media Management standards and practices and develop content validation and metadata curation processes to be applied globally
• Gather requirements, lead design, testing and deployment for workflows that serve the business needs represented by our stakeholders and users
• Build strong relationships with content creators and their teams, establishing deep understanding of their processes and needs
• Manage product integrations and the incorporation of new applications and toolsets that will serve our objectives for the consistent improvement and enhancement of our offerings
• Supervise global content ingest operations, ensuring that content security is respected and permissions policies are enforced
• Co-Lead best-in-class operational support provided to users of the Global Content Platform, fostering a unified approach that will make optimal use of our global presence
• Establish and lead logging and metadata enrichment initiatives that will make discoverable every media asset, generating value and opportunity out of our full library
• Produce and keep current central system documentation
• Proactively monitor system health; Report and track system bugs with vendors
• Maintain expert level knowledge of Media and Digital Asset Management technology
• 5+ years leading a Media Asset Management division
• Expertise in the deployment of Media Asset Management workflows within on-prem, cloud and hybrid environments
• Passionate about exploring innovative technologies and creative solutioning to implement cutting edge processes
• Extensive understanding and exposure to large metadata taxonomies and performing integrations between systems with differing structures
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
• Ability to compose detailed technical documentation and user-guides
• Self-driven; Self-starter with a habit for taking initiative
• Advanced knowledge of main broadcast and digital video and audio formats
• Expert knowledge of broadcast M.A.M. systems and advanced knowledge of related technology stacks (encoding, storage, QC)
• Proficient in video and image editing platforms, specifically Adobe CC and Final Cut
• Strong knowledge of Encoding Standards (H.264, AAC, GOP structure, I-P-B-frame schemes, bit-rates, aspect ratios, renditions, chroma-subsampling, etc.)
• Passionate about Esports and, specifically, Riot Games products
• Fluent in written and verbal English, and fluency in at least another language would be a plus.
• Prior experience working and integrating with D.A.M., CMS and VCMS platforms
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Up to date with all current and forthcoming streaming media technologies, i.e. MPEG 4 AVC, HEVC, HLS, MPEG-DASH MPEG 2, UDP, RTMP, H.265
• Strong Knowledge of SOAP, REST, JMS and PUB/SUB Pattern Solid knowledge of Java SE, Java EE, XML, XML Schema, XSD, XSLT/XPath and JSON technologies
• Understanding of Closed Caption Workflows for both VOD and Live, (SCC, .VTT, Line 21, 608/708 etc)
• Experience with the Iconik Media Management and EVS IP-VIA and IP-Director systems
• Demonstrated experience leading complex multi-team projects
• Exposure to product management, requirement gathering and composing the framework for a feature to be executed by a development team
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zkp9-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.